Pages

Football: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Paul Pogba's a big part of his plans at Manchester United

Football: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Paul Pogba's a big part of his plans at Manchester United

LONDON • Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has played down rumours of Paul Pogba leaving for Real Madrid and reiterated that the France midfielder remains "a big, big part" of his plans.
Pogba, who last week described Real as a "dream" club while speaking to the media on international duty, was praised by the Spanish LaLiga team's coach Zinedine Zidane during the weekend.
Zidane said that he liked Pogba "a lot", further fuelling speculation that the 26-year-old may one day leave Manchester for Madrid.
Speaking at a pre-match conference ahead of today's Premier League trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers, Solskjaer said: "I don't like to talk about other teams' players (like Zidane did with Pogba) but this is another challenge with international breaks. Players are available all the time.
"It's a different environment, it's more of a general talk and Paul is a very nice and polite man who answered a general question.
"Zidane is an icon in France, Zidane is a fantastic manager, he used to be a fantastic player - I played against him myself - and Paul has just politely answered that question (about playing for Zidane).
"Paul's happy here and he's going to be a big, big part. I've always said that you'd like to build your team around him and that hasn't changed at all."
Following his appointment last week on a three-year deal, the Norwegian - who expects his assistant Mike Phelan to also be given a permanent deal soon - has admitted that there have been plans to bring in a director of football at Old Trafford.
"Football has changed and the structure at football clubs has changed. That's just the way football goes," he said.
"Me and Ed (Woodward, executive vice-chairman) and Joel (Glazer, co-chairman), we are looking at how can this club be ran as smoothly and as well as possible.
"We'll see what the club will end up with and I'm happy talking and discussing football with knowledgeable people in the right positions.
"I'm feeling older and older, 46 is a good number. I think the demands of football nowadays means you've got to split responsibilities."
Solskjaer, who was roped in as caretaker manager in December, won his first match as permanent boss with a scrappy 2-1 league victory over Watford last Saturday.
Today's clash with Wolves presents yet another difficult task in United's top-four bid, having lost to the same opponents in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
When asked if there were lessons learnt following that defeat last month, Solskjaer said: "Quite a few and of course we have to (learn).
"Last time we didn't play well enough... If we turn up and don't perform to our level against a good team, we will not get the result we deserve."
THE GUARDIAN, AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

WOLVES V MAN UNITED


Singtel TV Ch102 & StarHub Ch227, tomorrow, 2.35am


Guangzhou (AFP) - Nico Yennaris became the first foreign-born footballer to represent China when the former Arsenal reserve started in a 2-0 home win over the Philippines on Friday. The 26-year-old midfielder was born in London and was an England youth international, but his mother is Chinese and the country is looking to naturalise
London-born Yennaris makes landmark China debut in Philippine win


Bayern Munich will found a sixth football school in Asia after agreeing on a youth development partnership with the Sport Singapore (SportSG), the Bundesliga giants announced on Monday. Former Bayern player Klaus Augenthaler was present at a signing ceremony at Singapore's Jurong East Stadium on Sunday, as the club pledged to "close future
Bayern Munich sign youth partnership deal with SportsSG in


ANTONIO CONTE has been appointed as the new Inter Milan boss. The former Chelsea manager replaces Luciano Spalletti after he was axed on Thursday despite delivering Champions League football with
Antonio Conte - Wikipedia

Football: Wayne Rooney bags first MLS hat-trick in D.C. romp


Real Madrid, Atletico close in on Barcelona Benzema's 13th-minute strike was enough for Real Madrid to move up to third on 29 points, two behind Barcelona, who travel to Levante on Sunday
Real Madrid, Atletico Close in on Barcelona - News18


McGeeney rues missed Orchard chances in replay defeat. McGeeney's team will be the hat for Monday morning's draw for the second round of All-Ireland qualifiers. Share. Share this post on.

Vertonghen shines as Tottenham beat Dortmund 3-0 - Football


Valencia's 17-year-old midfielder Lee Kang-in. Already rated at €80 million by LaLiga side Valencia, 17-year-old South Korean Lee Kang-in is on his way to becoming a big star for club and country.
Three years after Gary Neville's disastrous reign, Valencia


Euro 2020 Qualifiers: Eden Hazard marks milestone with early goal to help Belgium win Michy Batshuayi got the other goal for the top team in the FIFA rankings, who began their campaign last Thursday with a 3-1 home success over Russia and now have six points from their opening two games in Group I.


Perez heads Newcastle closer to Premier League safety. 12 Apr 2019. AFP / Adrian DENNIS Newcastle's Ayoze Perez heads the winner at Leicester.
Perez heads Newcastle towards safety - premierleague.com


According to the reports, Ranieri, has signed a multi-year contract with the club. Fulham, spending an astounding £100m on new players this summer, are still placed bottom after conceding a league-high 31 goals, having only managed five points from their 12 games this season. A probable reason why Jokanovic was fired without a second thought.
Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd sent Sanchez claims, Liverpool

0 comments:

Post a Comment